- ▢Nonstick cooking spray
- ▢2 large egg whites
- ▢1 cup finely ground almond meal, such as Bob’s Red Mill superfine
- ▢1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ▢1 teaspoon baking soda
- ▢1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- ▢1/2 cup unprocessed raw honey
- ▢2/3 cup (2 1/2 oz total) grated zucchini, not squeezed
- ▢1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ▢3/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips, such as Lily’s, or semi-sweet, 4 1/2 oz total
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Prepare a nonstick 9 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Cut a sheet of parchment paper about 9 inches wide, and long enough to form a sling so you can easily remove the brownies once cooked. Place into the baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Add the zucchini and egg whites and stir with a spatula. Add the honey and vanilla and stir with the spatula until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool about 30 minutes. Cut into 12 squares and serve.
Note: If using an 8 x 8 inch baking pan, you will need to cook the brownies a little longer.
Serving: 1 brownie, Calories: 179 kcal, Carbohydrates: 25 g, Protein: 4.5 g, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Sodium: 139 mg, Fiber: 2.5 g, Sugar: 20 g