- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup zero point white granulated sugar substitute- I use Lakanto Monkfruit Baking Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or skim milk
- 1 large egg, beaten*
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chip
- 1/2 Tbsp unsalted regular butter
- 1 tsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp skim milk or unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two 6- cavity regular size donut pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the egg, egg white, sugar substitute, vanilla extract, unsweetened almond milk or skim milk, and unsweetened applesauce. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.In a separate bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag or fill each donut cavity about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow them to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing. Let the donuts cool for about 5 minutes in the pan before removing.
- For the chocolate glaze: place chocolate, unsalted butter, corn syrup, and skim milk or unsweetened almond milk in a microwavable bowl.
- Melt in 20 second increments in the microwave, stir after each time, and cook until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the tops of the cooled donuts into the chocolate glaze and then top with sprinkles.
Makes 12 donuts
3 PersonalPoints™ per donut*
*This number shows the PersonalPoints™ range. The points will vary based on your individualized plan.