- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Step 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Step 2In an 8 inch square baking dish, mix blueberries, 3 tablespoons sugar, and orange juice. Set aside. In a small bowl, thoroughly mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Step 3In a medium bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually add flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are combined. Drop batter by rounded tablespoons over blueberry mixture. Try to cover as much of filling as possible.
- Step 4Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
Per Serving: 336 calories; protein 3.3g; carbohydrates 45.6g; fat 16.6g; cholesterol 71.7mg; sodium 142.1mg.