- cooking spray
- 4 medium (7 oz each zucchinis, ends trimmed)
- 3 large egg whites (beaten)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cups quick marinara sauce for dipping (optional)
Baked Zucchini Sticks:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut each zucchini into 16 equal size sticks about 3-inches long and 1/2-inch thick.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites and season with salt and pepper. In a medium shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Romano cheese, garlic powder and mix well.
- Dip zucchini sticks into the egg whites then into the bread crumbs, a few at a time and coat well.
- Place the breaded zucchini sticks in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets and spray with more oil on top. Bake for about 22-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with 1/2 cup marinara sauce for dipping if desired.
Air Fryer Zucchini Sticks
- Preheat the air fryer 400F. Air fry in a single layer, in batches, 12 to 14 minutes, turning halfway until golden.
Serving: 16sticks, Calories: 154kcal, Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 9g, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Sodium: 327mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 7g
– WW Points: 3