- 400g dried macaroni or other small pasta shapes
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 125g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Salad or vegetables, to serve
For The Sauce
- 2 level tbsp cornflour
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 150g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 1 tsp mustard powder, mixed with 2 tsp water
- A pinch of grated nutmeg
- 40g reduced fat Cheddar-style cheese, grated
- To make this SW recipe, preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions then drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. Add the leeks, courgettes and mushrooms and cook for 8-10 minutes or until softened.
- While the vegetables are cooking, make the sauce. Blend the cornflour with a little milk and set aside. Bring the remaining milk to the boil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat, then stir in the cornflour mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened, stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan from the heat and beat in the fromage frais, mustard and nutmeg with a wooden spoon. Season to taste and stir in most of the cheese.
- Tip the pasta and vegetables into an ovenproof dish, mix well and pour the sauce over the top. Sprinkle over the rest of the cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes or until crisp and golden. Scatter over the parsley and serve hot with salad or your favourite vegetables.