We all love a warm bowl of soup this time of year. To me, there is nothing better than going for a crisp chilly fall walk and then home to warm up with a good bowl of creamy soup
- 1 butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 2 granny smith apples peeled and diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- Place all of the ingredients except for the coconut milk into the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 7-8 hours. I like to cook mine according to my plan for the day. I cooked mine on high for 2.5 hours then turned it to low for 2 hours. So it’s really up to you and your schedule!
- Using an immersion blender, or a regular blender, blend the soup until it is nice and creamy. Stir in coconut milk (do not blend it in) and let the soup warm for 15 minutes in a pot on the stove or in the crockpot. If the soup is too thick for your liking, feel free to add in a little more broth or water.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 117kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 2gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1.2gSodium: 232mgFiber: 5.5gSugar: 14g