- ▢1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, packed in unsweetened juice, drained with juice reserved
- ▢1 package (4 serving-size) sugar-free instant pistachio pudding mix
- ▢⅛ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- ▢1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ▢1-½ cups light whipped topping
- ▢3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, add the drained pineapple with 2 tablespoons of the reserved pineapple juice.
- Add the pudding mix and stir until dissolved. Stir in the almond extract (if using) and set aside.
- In a small food processor, blend the cottage cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Stir the cottage cheese into the pudding mixture until blended. Gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Cover bowl and chill in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- When ready to serve, top with almond slices.
This simple salad gets a nice boost of protein from the cottage cheese. If you must add marshmallows, try using half the normal amount (about 1 cup) to keep this salad light.
Serving size: ½ cup 2 points