it’s vegetarian, so it can accommodate different diets. It’s so good!
Nutrition : Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 340mg | Potassium: 367mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2261IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 2mg
Prep Time10 MINUTES
Cook Time15 MINUTES
Total Time25 MINUTES
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion , finely diced
- 1 large carrot , peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 15 ounce can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups dried ditalini pasta
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, over medium heat, warm the butter and olive oil. Stir in the onion and carrot; sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tomato paste and mix to combine.
- Add in the oregano, thyme, chickpeas, pasta, and veggie broth; stir to combine.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes until the pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle a little more Parmesan on top.