Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Cuisine: American, Western
Servings: 12 muffins
NUTRITIONServing: 14muffins | Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 3490IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 214mg | Iron: 1.3mg
- ▢225 g carrots chopped into big chunks
- ▢110 g brown sugar
- ▢2 large free-range eggs
- ▢250 g plain flour unsifted
- ▢2 heaped tsp baking powder
- ▢1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ▢1 tsp vanilla essence (or zest of 1 orange)
- ▢175 ml skimmed milk
- ▢3 tbp melted margarine
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4.
- Line your muffin tins with the muffin cases.
- Whizz the carrots in a food processor until they are finely chopped.
- Add in the sugar and eggs and whizz till mixed.
- Add in a pinch of salt, the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla (or orange zest), milk and melted margarine and whizz again until just combined. Make sure not over mix the batter.
- Fill the muffin cases with the batter and bake in the oven for about 25 mins or until cooked (ie if you stick a wooden skewer through a muffin it comes out clean).
- Let the muffins cool a bit on a wire rack before serving ( after you have tasted one or two of course).