Fresh strawberry muffins are one of my favorites. About a year ago, my mother-in-law gave me a recipe for fresh strawberry muffins that I fell in love with. They were so tender, delicious and moist.
- 2 cups oats
- 2 large bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup non fat, plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh strawberries chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin or line with muffin papers. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the oats, bananas, eggs, yogurt, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and salt.
- Process or blend until smooth.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Evenly divide the batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Entire recipe makes 12 servings
Serving size is about 1 muffin
Each serving = 5 Smart Points
PER SERVING: 162 calories; 3g fat; .8g saturated fat; 25.4g carbohydrates; 3.7g sugar; 6.9g protein; 3.8g fiber