Whether you’re looking for an edible gift or a delicious way to use up seasonal produce, look no further than this pepper jelly recipe.
- 2 ½ cups finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1 ¼ cups finely chopped green bell peppers
- ¼ cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 (1.75 ounce) package powdered pectin
- 5 cups white sugar
Oops! We cannot find any ingredients on sale near you. Do we have the correct zip code?
- Sterilize six 8-ounce canning jars and lids according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Heat water in a hot water canner.
- Place bell peppers and jalapeño peppers in a large saucepan over high heat; stir in vinegar and fruit pectin. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; bring back to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Allow to boil for 1 minute, then remove from the heat and skim any foam off the top.
- Quickly ladle jelly into sterile jars, filling to within 1/4-inch of the tops. Cover with flat lids and screw on rings tightly.
- Place jars in the rack and slowly lower jars into the canner. The water should cover the jars completely and should be hot but not boiling. Bring water to a boil; cover the canner and process for 5 minutes.