This is a family recipe for a quick and easy pavlova that’s yummy to eat.
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tbs cornflour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cream *to decorate
- 1 cup mixed berries *to decorate
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat eggs whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add the caster sugar to the egg whites and mix until mixture becomes thick and glossy.
- Mix white sugar and cornflour together in separate bowl.
- Fold sugar mixture and lemon juice into egg white mixture.
- Place mixture on baking tray and mould into a circle about a dinner plate size.
- Bake at 150C (fan forced) for 45 minutes to 1 hour. It will be ready when it is dry to touch. Allow to cool in the oven with the door ajar.
- Once cool, decorate with cream and topping of choice.