½ tsp, divided
¼ tsp, freshly ground
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
12 oz, thinly sliced
Fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
1½ cup(s), divided
2½ cup(s), small florets
2 tsp, or more to taste*
2 Tbsp, chopped
Fresh lemon juice
- On a plate, combine 1 1/2 Tbsp flour, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper; add chicken and turn to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes; transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Put 1 cup of broth and the garlic in same skillet; bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add the broccoli; cover and cook for 1 minute.
- In a small cup, stir remaining 1/2 cup broth, 1/2 Tbsp flour, and 1/4 tsp salt; add this mixture to the skillet and bring it to a simmer over low heat.
- Cover and cook until the broccoli is crisp-tender and the sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in the chicken and the lemon zest; heat through.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat.
- Serving size: 1 cup