This Homemade Protein Dole Whip is a healthy protein packed Disney-Inspired Dole Whip Ice Cream! This healthier twist on the classic Dole Whip from Disneyland can be made at home using the Ninja CREAMi and is packed with protein so it’s a filling and super refreshing!
Makes 4 servings
If you’ve ever had the infamous Dole Whip at Disneyland, then you are going to LOVE this protein packed take on this classic recipe! This Homemade Protein Dole Whip in the Ninja CREAMi is a creamy, flavorful, WW-friendly treat that gives you that Disneyland nostalgia, and helps cool you down on a hot summer day!
What is the Ninja Creami?
The Ninja™ CREAMi™ transforms frozen solid bases into ice cream, sorbets, milkshakes, and more at the touch of a button. That’s right! The Ninja’s Creamify™ technology enables the CREAMi™ to break down a uniformly frozen block into an incredibly smooth, creamy texture in minute!!
I bought myself a Ninja Cream from Amazon and it’s a GAME CHANGER! Now..I know it’s another appliance but I will tell you it is much different than any appliance you may have used to make ice cream! For example, a blender can struggle to crush up ice and nuts, the CREAMi blasts through it with ease.
What ingredients do I need to make this Homemade Protein Dole Whip in the Ninja CREAMi?
- Pineapple chunks– canned or fresh
- Pineapple juice– from can
- Vanilla pre-made shake – I like to use Fairlife vanilla protein shake or Vanilla Premier Protein
- Sugar free vanilla instant pudding – used to thicken the ice cream. You can find it on Amazon HERE.
- Milk -for the re-spin. I recommend using whole milk-skim and unsweetened almond milk doesn’t contain a lot of fat which makes the ice cream more icy than creamy. If you are wanting a creamy ice cream than I recommend using 1 Tbsp of whole milk.
- Author: thepounddropper.com
Makes 4 ( 1/2 cup) servings
2 WW Points® per serving
PREP TIME 5 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME 18 hours
TOTAL TIME 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks, fresh or canned
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice, fresh or from the can
- 1 cup vanilla shake – I like to use Fairlife vanilla protein shake or Vanilla Premier Protein
- 1 Tbsp sugar free vanilla instant pudding
- Milk, of your choice for the re-spin
- Blend all the ingredients in the regular blender and pour into your Ninja CREAMi pint container.
- Close the lid and freeze on a level surface in the freezer for 18-24 hours.
- Remove the container from freezer.
- Plug in and turn on the Ninja CREAMi. Install the container until it snaps in place. Twist the handle to the right to raise it into position.
- Push the lite ice cream button.
- After the machine stops, hold the release button on the left of the motor base and twist handle clockwise to remove. Open the lid and stir the dole whip.
- If the mixture is not creamy but crumbly, add a tablespoon of milk into the middle of the mixture. Put the pint back into container and twist up to lock into position and push the re-spin button.
- Scoop and enjoy!