- 4 (4 oz.) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup basil pesto- I like to use Trader Joe’s
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh basil, chopped for garnish
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan, for garnish
- Roma tomatoes, diced
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add chicken breasts to the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, until cooked. Remove chicken from the skillet, and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by combining unsweetened almond milk, cornstarch, and chicken broth in a mixing cup or bowl; whisk until thoroughly combined. Stir in pesto sauce until well combined.
- Using the same skillet heat over medium to low heat; add garlic, prepared pesto sauce mixture, and Italian seasoning and bring to a simmer.
- Return chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with parmesan and fresh basil, if desired.
- Serve the creamy pesto chicken with your favorite steamed veggies, or on top of pasta, rice. Enjoy!