These Skinny Double Chocolate Chip Muffins are a chocolate lovers dream-perfectly moist, fluffy, and super chocolatey! This is delicius <3 <3
Nutrition Information: Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 76TOTAL FAT: 3gSATURATED FAT: 1gCHOLESTEROL: 21mgSODIUM: 249mgCARBOHYDRATES: 14gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 11gFIBER: 3gSUGAR: 1gPROTEIN: 3g
PREP TIME7 minutes
COOK TIME15 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME3 minutes
TOTAL TIME25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour or Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Whole Grain Pancake Mix
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup zero point white granulated sugar sweetener- I use Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs or 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup skim or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 10 Tbsp no sugar added chocolate chips ( I use Lakanto sugarless chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Line 18 muffin cups with paper or foil liners. If you don’t have muffin liners-spray the muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar substitute, baking powder, and baking soda. Add 8 Tbsp no sugar added chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together unsweetened almond milk or skim milk.
- Whisk in eggs or egg whites, vanilla extract, and unsweetened applesauce. Whisk until well combined.
- Gradually combine wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until JUST combined. ( Do NOT over mix)
- Fill the muffin liners evenly (1/2 full) with batter and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until center comes out clean when a toothpick is inserted into it.