These Weight Watchers Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes are a light cupcake version of the popular cake where pineapple and cherries are cooked in the bottom of a pan! Easy to make, fun to look at, and yummy to eat-which makes for a fantastic snack or dessert!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME20 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME10 minutes
TOTAL TIME40 minutes
- 1 box (16 oz.) Pillsbury sugar free yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp light butter made with canola oil or any light butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp zero point brown sugar sweetener ( Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener) or regular brown sugarh
- 1 can (16 oz.) pineapple chunks in 100% juice, drained
- 16 maraschino cherries, halved
- Fat free cool whip and maraschino cherries, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 16 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar free cake mix, water, eggs, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla extract. Whisk until blended.
- Combine melted light butter with regular brown sugar sweetener in a small bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 tsp of the sugar mixture into each prepared muffin cup.
- Top with 3-4 chunks of pineapple and 1/2 cherry in the middle of the pineapple chunks.
- Evenly fill each muffin cups with cake batter.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let them cool for 10-15 minutes before gently flipping them over onto a clean surface.
- Top each cupcake with cool whip and a cherry for an additional point, if desired.
Makes 16 cupcakes
4 Points® per cupcake
- Store leftover cupcakes without cool whip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or freezer for up to a month. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Nutrition Information:
- YIELD: 16
- Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 125TOTAL FAT: 1gSATURATED FAT: 1gCHOLESTEROL: 35mgSODIUM: 229mgCARBOHYDRATES: 29gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 28gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 3gPROTEIN: 2g