Sink your teeth into this gooey version of meat lasagna. It’s rich and flavorful, good enough to be called a classic. This is very delicius ! <3
The points value per serving are: 6 Blue Plan Points | 7 Green Plan Points | 3 Purple Plan Points.
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes (NOT canned tomatoes–they have too much liquid in them) If you’d like to use jarred low-sugar sauce you can.
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 6 whole wheat lasagna noodles I used uncooked (not oven ready), but you can use oven ready whole wheat if you have them.
- 1 lbs fat free ground turkey thawed and broken into small chunks
- 3 cups spinach leaves fresh, not frozen
- Mix ¾ cup Italian cheese and ricotta together in a small bowl, and set it aside. Reserve the last ¼ cup of cheese for the top.
- In another bowl mix your crushed tomatoes, oregano, thyme, parsley, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic.
- Coat the bottom of a 7 inch Instant Pot safe pan with sauce. Next, break your lasagna noodles as needed to fit in the pan and cover the sauce.
- Add a layer of the cheese mixture, uncooked ground turkey, and spinach. Repeat this process with the remaining ingredients.
- Top with the reserved ¼ cup of Italian cheese then cover your pot tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place a trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot insert and add 2 cups of water. Carefully lower your lasagna on top of the trivet.
- Close and lock the lid and place the pressure valve in the sealing position. Select Pressure Cook (high) and set the cook time for 35 minutes.
- Once your cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 15 minutes. When the pressure valve drops, remove the lid.
- Carefully lift your lasagna from your Instant Pot. Remove the foil from the top. While not necessary, I prefer to place it in the oven and broil it to brown the top. Top with fresh basil and serve.