Sloppy Joe Casserole is all that you want in a one pot dinner. Comforting, warm, meaty, cheesy, and buttery are just a few of the words that describe this recipe. It’s easy to make – just cook some ground beef and throw the rest of the ingredients into a casserole dish for the oven to do the rest of the work. It makes a great meal for the whole family in just under 30 minutes.
6 ww points, 7PP, 7SP blue, green & purple *use ground chicken/turkey to lower points for purple & blue,
- 1 lb cooked extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 can of sloppy joe sauce manwich 398ml
- ⅔ cup light shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 7.5 oz can of pillsbury biscuits In the 4 value pack, you can use bigger biscuits and weigh out or increase points
- 1.5 tablespoon melted reduced calorie margarine
- 2 cloves fresh garlic diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook the ground beef and onions on the stove in a pan and drain off the fat once it’s cooked.
- While the ground beef is cooking, preheat the oven to 350F and spray a 9-inch square dish.
- Add the Manwich sloppy joe sauce to the meat and let it simmer on low for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour the meat mixture into the dish and top with the reduced fat shredded cheese.
- Place 9 of the 10 biscuits on top of the meat mixture (shown in picture). You will have one extra that you can cut into small pieces and stuff in between the biscuits to fill holes.
- Bake the casserole in the oven for 14 minutes. Just before the time is up, melt the margarine and add the diced garlic and oregano to it. Remove the dish from the oven and using a small spoon, drizzle the garlic oregano butter over the top of all the biscuits.
- Return the casserole to the oven for 6-8 minutes, and let cook until the biscuits are golden brown. It can sit for 15-20 minutes after baking so that it’s not extremely juicy.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 165kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 13gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1.3gSodium: 508mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6g