This Skinny Loaded Potato Salad is a healthier version of a loaded potato salad-packed with protein-made with non fat Greek yogurt, light mayo, bacon pieces, green onions, potatoes, and hard boiled eggs! It’s an easy potato salad recipe that has become a staple at our summer picnics, BBQ’s, and holiday dinner. This is a MUST have side dish!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME15 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME2 hours
TOTAL TIME2 hours 25 minutes
- 3 lbs. red potatoes, diced
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 5 slices center cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly chopped
- ½ cup light Kraft mayo
- ½ cup non fat plain or Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 Tbsp unsweetened almond or skim milk (to thin out the dressing)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Reduced fat or fat free cheddar cheese
- Chopped bacon
- Chopped chives
- Chopped green onions
- Wash and dice potatoes into bite size pieces.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and cook until potatoes are tender. Note: The cooking time will vary depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Drain water and rinse the potatoes under cold water. The cold water will stop them from cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium size mixing bowl combine, Light mayo, non fat yogurt, apple cider vinegar or white vinegar, Dijon mustard, unsweetened almond or skim milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk until well combined. Add additional milk to thin, if necessary.
- In a large serving bowl combine, cooked potatoes, hard boiled chopped eggs, chopped bacon, and green onion.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Add the dressing and mix again until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
Garnish with cheddar cheese, more bacon, scallions, and chives, if desired.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-5 days in an airtight container or ziplock bag. We do not recommend freezing potato salad since it contains eggs, light mayo, and Greek and these ingredients are temperature sensitive ingredients.
- makes 8 (3/4 cup) servings 5 points per serving