These homemade Jimmy Dean Copycat Breakfast Bowls are less expensive, lower in fat, calories, and WW points than the packaged breakfast bowls you can get at the store! These breakfast bowls make for the prefect meal-prep or on-the-go breakfasts!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME15 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME5 minutes
TOTAL TIME25 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 32 oz. package Southern style hash browns, diced. I like to use the Great Value frozen Southern hash browns with onions and bell peppers.
- 9 oz. ground breakfast turkey sausage- I like to use Jimmy Dean’s turkey sausage crumbles.
- 1 cup 50% less fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 large eggs or 2 cups liquid eggs
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. (If you’re cooking the hash browns in the oven)
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 tsp olive oil and hash browns. Toss until well combined.
- If cooking the hash browns in the oven; line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Spread hash browns in a single layer of baking sheet or place hash browns in air fryer in a single layer.( You may need to cook in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.)
- Cook hash browns for 15 minutes in oven. Turn and bake for another 10 minutes if cooking in the oven and cook at 5 minute intervals until they are crispy and deep golden brown. (Cook 10-12 minutes in air fryer, shaking basket half way through)
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook crumbled sausage or other meat choice into skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through. If using Jimmy Dean crumbles, they are already cooked; just heat until golden brown. Drain any excess fat and set aside in a bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together eggs, unsweetened almond milk, salt and black pepper until well blended.
- Using the same pan as the sausage, break eggs into pan, and immediately start stirring the eggs in the pan. This will help you achieve a very fluffy scrambled egg.
- Continue to stir and cook your eggs until they are fluffy.
- To prepare the bowls, divide the potatoes, sausage, scrambled eggs between six freezer safe containers. Top with cheese.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, remove from the freezer. Heat in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes, or until heated through.
Smartpoints: GREEN/BLUE: 6 smartpoints per bowl PURPLE: 4 smartpoints per bowl
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 354TOTAL FAT: 17gCHOLESTEROL: 320mgSODIUM: 745mgCARBOHYDRATES: 30gFIBER: 4gSUGAR: 1gPROTEIN: 25g