Total Time 43 min
Prep 35 min
Cook 8 min
- Fresh lime(s)-1 medium
- Minced garlic-2 tsp
- Olive oil-2 tsp, divided
- Table salt-½ tsp
- Black pepper-¼ tsp, freshly ground
- Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)-1 pound(s), four 4 oz pieces
- Strawberries-2 cup(s), diced
- Pineapple-1 cup(s), diced
- Uncooked red onion(s)-¼ cup(s), minced
- Cilantro-2 Tbsp, or basil, minced
- Jalapeño pepper(s)-2 tsp, minced (with seeds)
- Sugar-1 tsp
- Cooking spray-2 spray(s)
- Zest lime; set aside. Juice lime; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 Tbsp lime juice, garlic, 1/2 tsp oil, salt and pepper. Add chicken to bowl; turn to coat both sides and set aside.
- In another medium bowl combine strawberries, pineapple, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, remaining lime juice, remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil and reserved lime zest; set aside.
- Off heat, lightly coat a grill rack with cooking spray. Heat grill (or grill pan) to medium-high.
- Grill chicken, flipping once, until an instant read thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat registers 165°F, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve chicken with salsa spooned over top.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast and 2/3 c salsa 1 ww point