- White self-raising flour- 3 cup(s), (450g)
- Caster sugar- 2 tsp
- Reduced fat oil spread- 60 g
- Dried cranberries- ¾ cup(s), (105g)
- Orange rind- 1 tbs, finely grated
- Buttermilk- 1½ cup(s), (375ml)
- Skim milk- 1 tbs
- 5 ww points
- Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Using fingertips, rub in spread until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in cranberries and rind. Gently stir in buttermilk until just combined. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for 30 seconds or until just smooth.
- Press out dough to 3.5cm thickness. Using a 5cm-round cutter dipped in flour, cut 20 scones from dough. Arrange scones on prepared tray. Lightly brush tops with skim milk. Bake for 12–15 minutes or until scones are lightly browned and sound hollow when tapped on the base. Serve warm.