This Cinnamon Apple Pie Filling is simple to make and has no added sugar! Keep it in your freezer for when you need it.
- 2 cups apples or 3 medium size apples
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cups granulated white or brown sugar sweetener ( I use Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Peel, core and dice apples into bite size pieces.
- Then place cored, peeled, diced apples in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice.
- Add diced apples, water, sugar substitute, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg into a medium saucepan.
- Stir to combine then bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir often.
- Once it starts to boil, let it boil for a full two minutes. (this will thicken the sauce)
- Cover and simmer. Stir often, until apples soften, about 5 minutes.
- Use immediately for your recipe, or store in an air tight container or mason jar with sealed lid in the refrigerate for 5-7 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- This makes for the perfect topping for:pancakes, oatmeal, waffles, toast, or use the filling to make either of these recipes: Apple Pie Wontons or Easy Low Point Apple Crisp!
- Smartpoints: GREEN: ZERO SmartPoints per serving BLUE/PURPLE: ZERO SmartPoints per serving
- The Lakanto Monkfruit Golden Sweetener (sugar substitute) that is used in this recipe is zero points. Please keep in mind-the point value can vary depending on the brand of sugar substitute you choose to use.
- The Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener has a 1:1 ratio to real sugar. If you use a different sugar substitute you will want to use the equivalent to real sugar that is recommended on back of the sugar substitute package.