- 1 cup of leftover chilli
- 2 large baking potatoes (I used some large yukon golds, as these have a lovely buttery flour)
- 60g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons of reduced fat soured cream
- low calorie spray
- Sea salt
Hands Free Mode:
Prevent screen from sleepingOnOff
- Preheat oven to 180c fan, 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Thoroughly wash your potatoes and then lightly pierce them with a fork.
- Spray the skin with some spray oil and rub them with some salt.
- Place on a baking tray in the oven and bake until they are slightly soft to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, cut each potato in half and carefully scoop out some of the flesh so that you have what looks like potato bowls. You don’t want to remove too much of the flesh, but also don’t remove too little or they will not crisp up for well (the potato you remove can be use in another recipe, so don’t throw it away, it is great mash or used in fish cakes etc)
- Place the potato skins back onto the baking tray (skin side down) spray with some more spray oil and place back in the oven for about 10 mins until the flesh part is a nice golden colour.
- Then remove from the oven again, fill with chilli and top with the cheese.
- Place bake in the oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- Top with the sour cream (or greek yoghurt) and some chopped spring onions.
to save time, you can cook the potatoe in the microwave for about 5 minutes, then follow above from step 5