- 10 cups Sourdough/Italian/French bread cut into cubes (about 16 oz) (best if the bread is not fresh and a little dry)
- 6 large eggs
- 1-½ cups unsweetened almond milk (plain or vanilla) (regular milk will work too)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple, almond, or pistachio extract
- ¼ c. Swerve granulated sugar replacement *see notes for subs
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 tsp salt
- cooking spray
- In a small bowl add almond milk, eggs, vanilla extract, sugar replacement of choice/sugar, flavor of choice extract, salt and cinnamon. Whisk together well.
- Spray a 3 quart casserole dish with cooking spray, add bread cubes, and pour egg/milk mixture evenly over bread cubes. Stir together until everything is coated.*For the best texture results cover casserole dish and let it sit overnight in the fridge. You can also let it sit for about 30 minutes before baking to let it soak up a bit and then bake the same day. We enjoy it either way!
- Just before you’re ready to bake add blueberries and stir into the bake.
- Place Blueberry French Toast Casserole into a preheated 375 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Let set for about 5 minutes before cutting into. Add toppings of choice on top like maple syrup and/or butter/light butter.
Serving size: 1/8 of casserole dish
231 Calories. 4g fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 42g carbohydrates, 8g Fiber, Sugar 5g (Added Sugars 0g, Sugar Alcohols 0g) Protein 10g
WeightWatchers Points: 5 Points