- ¼ cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 apple – peeled, cored, and chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or y
line with paper liners.
- Stir 1/4 cup oats, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, melted butter, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Step 3Whisk together 1 1/2 cups oats, flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Step 4Stir applesauce, milk, oil, egg, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Stir applesauce mixture into flour mixture just until all ingredients are moistened; stir in apple. Spoon apple mixture into prepared muffin cups about 2/3 full; sprinkle oat topping mixture evenly over each muffin.
- Step 5Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.