What to you do when you have a sad and lonely ripe banana sitting in the fruit bowl, wanting to be used? Make these Low Syn Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – that’s what – They are delish!!
Low Syn Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
prep 10 mins
cook 25 mins
total 35 mins
author shevy (slimming eats)
yield 9 muffins
This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy – 3 syns per muffin
- Green/Vegetarian – 3 syns per muffin
- WW Smart Points – 2
- 100g (3.5oz) of plain flour – 17.5 syns
- 100g (3.5oz) of ripe banana – 4.5 syns
- 15g (1 tbs) of milk or dark chocolate chips – 4 syns
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ cup (8 tbs) of sukrin: 1
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- 3 eggs
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180/350f (gas mark 4)
- Add the flour, baking powder and soda to a bowl and mix to combine
- In a separate bowl mash the banana, add the sukrin:1 and mix together. Whisk in the eggs
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix till all combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix
- Spray a muffin tray with spray oil
- Spoon the mixture into 9 compartments of the baking tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 mins, muffins should be golden and skewer entered into the centre should come out clean.
- Enjoy with some fruit and a cuppa.
The syns for the baking powder and soda are negligible at less than 0.5 syns for them both and are covered in the rounding up of syns.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also double check syn values of sinned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size 1 muffin
|Amount Per Serving|