This albondigas soup is a Mexican style soup loaded with veggies, potatoes and tender spiced meatballs. It’s full of bold flavors and totally satisfying! This is delicius <3
Yield10Serving Size1Amount Per ServingCalories336Total Fat16gSaturated Fat5gTrans Fat0gUnsaturated Fat8gCholesterol122mgSodium1194mgCarbohydrates18gFiber3gSugar4gProtein31g
NUTRITION : Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 678mg | Potassium: 1060mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5580IU | Vitamin C: 24.2mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 4.2mg
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp mint, chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2-3 carrots, cut into big chunks
- 2 celery ribs, cut into big chunks
- 8 baby gold potatoes, halved (or 2 large potatoes, cut into big chunks)
- 1 15oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2.5 tsp oregano
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- 2 small zucchinis, cut into big chunks
- 1/4lb green beans, halved
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
Stove Top Method
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs (ground beef, garlic, rice, eggs, parsley, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper) in a big bowl and roll mixture into large meatballs. You can get about 14-15 meatballs. Keep them in the refrigerator till they are ready to go into the soup.
- Heat oil in soup pot on medium high heat and sauté onion till it become soft and translucent. Add in garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add in carrots, celery and potatoes and combine well. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add in tomatoes along with cumin and oregano and stir well. Add in chicken broth and bring it to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Slowly add in meatballs, being very cautious not to break them. Give a gentle stir. Cover and cook for for 20 minutes.
- Add in green beans and zucchini along with cilantro and red chili flakes and cook for 8-10 minutes, till zucchini and green beans are cooked and meatballs have an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
- Add in lime juice and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Serve it with more lime and cilantro for garnishing.
Slow Cooker Method
Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs in a big bowl and roll mixture into large meatballs. Keep them in the refrigerator till they are ready to go into the soup.
- Add all other ingredients into slow cooker and mix well. Gently lower meatballs into the broth,
- Cover and cook on 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
Instant Pot Method
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs in a big bowl and roll mixture into large meatballs. Keep them in the refrigerator till they are ready to go into the soup.
- Turn your instant pot to the Saute setting, then sauté onion till translucent. Add in garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add in celery, potato and carrots and sauté well for 5 minutes. Add in tomatoes, broth, spices and bring it to a boil. Add in meatballs.
- Close the lid and seal it. Pressure cook it for 4 minutes on High Pressure.
- When the cook cycle is finished, allow pressure to natural release. Add the zucchini and green beans along with cilantro, lime juice and red chili flakes. Let it cook on sauté mode till they are all cooked.