- 1 1/2 cups ice crushed
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 ounces orange juice no sugar added
- 3 mandarins peeled
- 2 tablespoons nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Add ice, almond milk, and orange juice to blender and blend on high for ten seconds.
- Add mandarins, one at a time. Blend until smooth.
- Add the last five ingredients and taste. Adjust flavor with orange and/or vanilla extracts, sweetness with more maple syrup, frothiness with more non-fat dry milk.
One orange may be subbed for the mandarins. Seedless is best, but you can always pick out the seeds.
Due to use of fresh fruit, pulp will be present. To remove pulp, strain directly after blending mandarins with the liquid ingredients. Proceed to step three.
If not using orange extract, just double the vanilla extract to total one teaspoon.
Serving: 8ounces | Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 484mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 1119IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 274mg | Iron: 1mg |
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8