This Skinny Mexican Street Corn Salad is over the top delicious! It’s exploding with flavors! A perfect addition for parties, potlucks, or a side dish to any meal! This is a dish that will be a hit at your outdoor barbecue or picnic!
- 4 cups corn kernels (about 6 ears, cut from the cob)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp non fat plain or Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp light Kraft Mayo
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp or 1 oz. skim cotija or queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 jalapeño,seeded and finely diced (optional)
- Salt and pepper, for taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Using a sharp knife, cut the corn off the cob. You can also use canned corn or frozen. If using frozen, you don’t need to thaw it out.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tsp olive oil over high heat. Cook the corn kernels for about 5-7 minutes or until the corn starts to char-this give it the nice roasted flavor & color.
- Remove the corn from the heat and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine non fat plain yogurt, light mayo, salt, pepper, chili powder, jalapeño, onions, and lime juice into a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in cooked corn kernels and continue mixing until corn is well covered. Sprinkle with cotija or queso fresco.
- Garnish with lime wedges and chopped cilantro, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Makes 5 ( 1 cup) servings
1 Point® per serving