Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins are moist, delicious and perfectly spiced! A delicious fall breakfast treat made with canned pumpkin, pumpkin spice and a cream cheese swirl topping.
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (King Arthur)
- 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour (King Arthur)
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- baking spray
CREAM CHEESE TOPPING (makes 3/4 cup)
- 5 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and lightly spray liners with oil for easy removal.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking soda, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix pumpkin puree, oil, egg and vanilla; beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture to the wet mixture, then blend at low speed until combined; do not over mix.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Slowly beat in the sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin. Drop about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheeseto the tops of each muffin. Using a toothpick gently swirl the frosting from the edge to the center into the batter.
- Bake on the center rack for 24 to 26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let them cool before serving.
Serving: 1muffin, Calories: 170kcal, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 3.5g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 34mg, Sodium: 160mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 16g
WW Points Plus: 4