This lightened up philly cheeses pasta is made with ground turkey, peppers and onions smothered in a cream cheese sauce. It has all the flavors of the classic sandwich in pasta form! You won’t believe this classic comfort food could be so low in points!
- 10 oz. uncooked Barilla whole wheat pasta shells
- 10 oz. 96% lean ground beef or 99% ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp Land o’Lakes light butter or any light butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3/4 cup beef stock (less or more depending on consistency)
- 4 oz light mozzarella ( I use Market Pantry from Target)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, boil water and cook pasta according to the directions on package. Drain noodles and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter, and sauté garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, onion, salt and pepper. Cook until veggies are tender.
- Add in the ground turkey and cook until ground turkey is thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in the softened light cream cheese until melted. Add beef stock and stir until all ingredients have been incorporated.
- Add cooked pasta and fold in mozzarella cheese, and stir until cheese has completely melted.
Servings: Makes 6 (1 and 1/4 cup) servings
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 296TOTAL FAT: 11gSATURATED FAT: 7gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 5gCHOLESTEROL: 62mgSODIUM: 370mgCARBOHYDRATES: 29gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 4gPROTEIN: 20g