This Easy Skinny Cowboy Caviar is flavorful, colorful, and incredibly delicious! It makes a great dip, salad, side dish, or even as a topping for fish or meat. Take to a family gathering, potluck, or BBQ!
PREP TIME15 minutes
TOTAL TIME15 minutes
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ( 15 oz.) can black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 ( 15 oz.) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained or you can use another can of black eyed peas
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cups corn- fresh, canned or thawed from frozen
- 1 and 1/2 cup red, yellow, green, or orange bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice, from two limes
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar *
- 1/2 tsp regular sugar or sweetener of your choice
- salt and pepper,to taste
- Combine drained beans, peas, corn, diced bell peppers, diced tomatoes, diced jalapeño, and diced onion, into a large bowl. Mix together to combine. Set aside.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a seperate small bowl, until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and fold in cilantro leaves. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to eat. This dip can made up to 8 hours before you plan to eat it.
- Serve as a side with chips or veggie sticks, if desired
- You can substitute the white balsamic vinegar for regular balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar, if desired.
- source thepounddropper.com