These Chicken Burrito Bowls are an awesome meal prep recipe! Filled with chicken, cilantro lime cauliflower rice, corn, black beans, topped fat free salsa, and non fat Greek yogurt. These bowls are perfect for busy weekday lunches and dinners! The best part is that they are low in points or even zero points depending on your zero point food list.
- 1 pound skinless boneless, chicken breast or precooked grilled chicken strips ( I use the precooked skinless, boneless chicken strips from Costco)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups corn, frozen and thawed
- 2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cilantro lime cauliflower rice
- 4 Tbsp non fat Greek Yogurt
- 4 Tbsp fat free salsa ( be sure to check to make sure there is no added sugar so that it’s zero points) or my Zero Point Mango Salsa
- 4 Tbsp Trader Joe’s reduced guilt guacamole or you can use diced avocado for additional points
- 4 slices of lime, cilantro, for garnish
To make chicken:
In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
If using raw chicken breasts, slice the raw chicken breasts into strips. Coat chicken strips or precooked tenders with seasonings. Spray a 12″ skillet with non stick cooking spray. Place seasoned chicken breasts or tenders in skillet.
Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side until chicken strips are grilled and no longer pink-or until the precooked chicken strips are lightly brown.
Remove from heat. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes then dice into bite size pieces.
Divide cauliflower rice evenly among 4 bowls or air tight meal prep containers.
Add 1/2 cup corn, 1/2 cup black beans, 1/2 cup cilantro lime cauliflower rice, 1 cup diced chicken.
Top with fat free salsa and 1 Tbsp of non fat Greek yogurt. Serve with 1 lime wedge.
Garnish with cilantro and 1 Tbsp Trader Joe’s reduced guilt guacamole ( 1 Tbsp is 0 points ) or avocado ( for additional points), if desired.
Enjoy! Store remaining servings in the fridge for up to a week.
Makes 4 servings
Zero Points® per bowl