This casserole is luscious and super-creamy. It makes a great side dish or meatless main meal. Serves 8PersonalPoints 4
- 3 1/2 pound(s) uncooked spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 clove(s), large garlic clove(s), chopped
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach, (about 6 cups)
- 15 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup(s), shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put squash halves on microwave safe plate, cut- side down; microwave on HIGH until tender and squash can easily be scooped out with a fork, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook onion, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender, 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes start to soften, 3 minutes.
- Add spinach; cook, stirring, just until wilted, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Scoop “spaghetti” strands into skillet; toss to coat. Stir in ricotta, 1/4 c mozzarella, 2 Tbsp Parmesan, basil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a 2- to 3-qt baking dish; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake until bubbly around edges and top is lightly golden, 15-20 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 c