- 2tablespoons butter, softened
- 2teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2cup dark brown sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8teaspoon table salt
- 1large egg white
- 3⁄4cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4teaspoon baking soda
- 3ounces semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- In medium bowl, cream butter, oil and brown sugar together.
- Add vanilla, salt and egg white.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Mix flour and baking soda and add to creamed mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and stir to distribute evenly.
- Drop by rounded half teaspoons of dough on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 4-6 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Yields 2 cookies per serving.